To Market To Market......
Grocery shopping with twins has always been a bit of a challenge! You always see parents in the grocery store with an infant carrier sitting in the top of the buggy, but with twins you can't do that. Two infant carriers will not fit in the top of the buggy, so I learned to put one infant carrier in the top and sit the other down in the bottom part of the basket which, as you might imagine doesn't leave much room for groceries. I would usually then put two of the hand held baskets underneath my buggy to help hold all of our goods. I did this the entire time the girls were in their infant carriers. Granted I tried to save big grocery shopping when either Scott could go with me or he or someone could be home with Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret. However, that wasn't always possible so sometimes the three of us had to tackle it!
Once the Girls moved into their "Big Girl" car seats I wasn't sure what I was going to do when it was just the three of us and shopping had to be done. Yes, the infant carriers did take up a lot of room, but it did keep them nice and secure while in the buggy.
The Easter Bunny brought the Girls pretty toile "floppies" to use in shopping carts and on restaurant highchairs, which I'm just certain are two of the nastiest germ infested places ever! But still if it was just the three of us I wasn't sure how this would work out. They make "floppies" especially for twins, but they are only good in the double seat shopping carts like you see at BJ's, Sam's and places like that. What's a Mom to do!?!?
My original plan was to put Bonnie Kay up front in the buggy with her floppy and sit Molly Margaret down in the bottom of the buggy in her infant seat, she's just a little smaller and could still stand to be strapped in there, but that just seemed like a lot of work and a little unfair to Molly Margaret.
The time came and the three of us had to go to Publix, so I decided to see if by any chance both Girls could use one floppy and both sit in the front of the buggy....worth a try right!?!
Well, It worked and both Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret loved sitting up in the buggy like big girls!! For now they both fit side by side and they can squeeze both of their chubby little legs in one side of the shopping cart! Growing as much as they are I don't know how long they will be able to sit like this, but it certainly make life easier for me! I guess next they will have to get in one of those car looking buggies that Publix has. The ones that take up an entire aisle! The ones that their floppy won't fit in to protect them from all of the germs and funk that I'm sure covers every inch of it!!
Now the only problem we have is that the Girls fight over our grocery list. To keep the peace I usually rip in in half and give part of it to Bonnie Kay and part to Molly Margaret. This, and a container of the Gerber Graduate Stars will usually get us through the grocery store, Target or whatever our adventure of the day may be!
Enjoy these pictures of the Girls doing their first grocery shopping as "Big Girls"!!



Grocery shopping is hard work! They both fell asleep on the way home. This was a big picture day for Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret. Grocery shopping as "Big Girls" and their first ever nap in their new seats!

Gas might be $4 a gallon, but you better believe I drove around the block a few times to let them get in somewhat of a nap! As soon as I got out to check the mail it was all over!!


1 Comments:
What a great idea to put them both in one seat! I think Brooke used to put Hunter in one buggy up front and then put Ross in another buggy up front. She would then commence to pushing one buggy and pulling the other-not an easy task! Congrats Molly Margaret and Bonnie Kay for graduating to big girl seats and the front seat of the buggy!
Post a Comment
<< Home