Karen Walker Weekend
If you are a fan of the show Will and Grace you know who Karen Walker is and if you are not a fan of the show Will and Grace you've really missed out!
For those of you that don't know I'll clue you all in on the "secret life of Karen Walker"....she's pretty much a wealthy, well-to-do, self absorbed, priss pot with a taste for a strong martini or six....a bit of a lush if you will! Trade the martinis for wine and it's not a bad life if you ask me!!
Anyway, Becky and I were in need of a quick little getaway, a night all about us, treating ourselves for a change. We needed to be Karen Walker at least for a night, so Scott and Andy sent us away to a night at the new lodge and spa at Callaway Gardens. If the truth be known Scott and Andy were probably in need of a little getaway from Becky and I as well!!
Aunt Davina was in charge of Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret until Scott could get home from work and McKinley was sent to his Nanny's! Becky and I left on a Saturday and spent the day piddling around Pine Mountain and browsing in all of the little shops. That afternoon we checked into our room and just relaxed for a bit on our balcony......even though we were both talking 90 to nothing, it was still soooo quiet!
Ok, I must admit that there was a little people watching going on....there was a wedding reception at the hotel...and it was good! All I'll say is that it involved red shiny satin bridesmaids dresses, yes, I know my bridesmaid dresses were red satin, but they were not shiny and I did have a Christmas wedding! Anyway this wedding also involved white tuxedos, silk flowers, there was a good bit of bling and maybe a grill or two, the kind that's in ones mouth, not the kind you cook on! It was good stuff! After taking all of that in, it was soon time for dinner.
We decided to make a reservation at the restaurant in the hotel. We both got to enjoy a great meal....we took our time and actually got to chew our food not having to worry if one of the little ones was going to wake up or pitch a fit. We enjoyed a nice meal without anyone sitting on our lap or crawling up our leg and if any food was thrown neither one of us had to clean it up....if your a mom you know this is huge!! I think dinner lasted about 2 hours...it was great!
After dinner we stopped by the hotel lounge for a bit. While we were there we got the most exciting phone call about our friend Andrea. Jacob William Brown had arrived and both Mommy and Baby were happy and healthy! We celebrated by ordering some luscious desserts and taking them back to our room where we could dine in the comforts of our PJ's.....Andrea would of wanted us to do this!! We had a little girl talk then it was of to bed.
Sunday morning we headed down to the Spa. I had my favorite, a hot stone massage and Becky had some sort of hot towel massage. This was Becky's first ever spa treatment so I was anxious to see how she'd like it. She loved it and my treatment was heavenly as well! After the spa it was soon time to check out. I guess all good things must come to an end so we checked out and strolled around Callaway for a little while, grabbed some lunch and souvenirs for the kiddies then headed back home.
It was a great weekend and a good getaway for both of us. Becky and I may talk every day or maybe just once a week but it's usually about kids, school drama, household stuff, etc... We never just have the chance to sit down and really really talk, if that makes sense.
We decided that we're going to make Karen Walker Weekend an annual or maybe even a bi-annual event! The only thing that could of made it any better was if we had a Poodle with us to help us with our bags...or our make-up....or our hair! Again if you were never a fan of the show Will and Grace you've really missed out!!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend!
Becky and I always take a photo like this....I know....how old are we!?!
Ready for the Spa!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home