Oh Christmas Tree
Picking out the perfect Christmas tree is and always has been a major deal for me. Every year for as long as I can remember we head out on a mission full of holiday spirit and cheer, but by the time we visit every tree farm within a 60 mile radius, look at every Christmas tree on every farm, finally pick out the perfect tree, get it home, put the tree in the stand and after several attempts have it stand up straight and in the stand for longer than 30 minutes we are usually not in so merry of a mood!!
This year was strangely different than Christmases past. We loaded up, headed out and decided to stop by a local tree farm, less than 5 miles from our house. Expecting the worst, we parked, got out of the car and walked right to the tree, our tree!
Scott even questioned if I was sure, so just to be certain we walked through the rest of the trees but kept coming back to the same one. We decided we better get it and get out of there before someone else took our tree!
Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret had so much fun walking all over the tree farm and were very pleased to find the perfect tree for their second Christmas!

Two little elves on a mission!
We got back home and Scott began the task of getting the tree in the stand and in the house.
That too went off without a hitch!
Without even one cross word we were able to begin decorating the tree that very evening.....Scary!!!
I was just certain that the tree was going to be infested with termites, catch fire, fall over....something. It was just way too easy!
While the Girls napped, I got the lights on the tree so it would be ready for them to decorate once they got up!
Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret thought they were such big girls playing on the step stools...and giving Mommy and heart attack!
Ta Da.......
Once we were "all done" Daddy bundled the Girls up and took them out in their wagon so they could see the tree and house with all of the wreaths and lights from the road.
And of course the Twincesses had a tree decorated all in pink in their room! They loved it so much I left it up through the middle of January.....I seriously considered hanging hearts from it for Valentines, but I snuck it down one day while they were at their Cece's house! This photo does not do it justice....it's so so pretty and sweet in person!!















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home