Hello Music City!
Scott treated me to a weekend away for my 30th! I had no idea where we were going, just an idea of what to pack. The Friday after my birthday Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret went to Papa and Cece's house for the weekend and Scott and I packed up the car and hit the road. I was so excited when I realized he was taking me to Nashville. It's one of those places not too far from home that I've always wanted to visit, but just never got around to going. I've driven through Nashville on my way to other places, just never stopped to take it in. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and it was awesome! It's like a little city in itself...we probably could have stayed there all weekend and never left, but there was some sightseeing and hot spots that we wanted to hit. We had a beautiful room that over looked an amazing atrium. The atrium had a waterfall and the sound of the water was so relaxing. We ended up leaving our balcony door cracked every night just to be able to hear the rushing water. We've gotten so used to hearing the girls sound machine with ocean waves over the baby monitor that I asked Scott if he requested this room special just for me! The hotel had already began to decorate for Christmas so that was a little added bonus for us. There were twinkle lights on anything that didn't move, giant ornaments, garland...the whole bit!
View from our balcony during the day

Stained glass overhead in the hotel lobby. Ladybugs and magnolias, two of my favorite things!

Friday night we arrived, got settled into our room then went to one of the hotels many restaurants for dinner. Saturday, even though we could of slept in, we were both up bright and early, I guess just habbit! We had room service for breakfast on our little patio then got ready for a day/evening on the town. The entire city was in mourning over the recent loss of one of country musics greatest legends, Porter Wagoner. There were memorials, posters, candles, you name it, everywhere downtown.
One of the many Porter Wagoner Memorials

We did hit a few of the hot spots for drinks and to hear some of the local music....real country music! We had to go to Tootsies, it was fun! Many country music stars played there before they hit it big and come back from time to time, I guess it really is important not forget where you come from! Kid Rock was even on their list of celebs that had recently visited...and I love me some Kid!!

Me and my Dad....I mean Elvis!

Just a shop in downtown.....nice name!


We stopped by Ernest Tubb's Record Shop, another land mark and took a look around.
Note yet another tribute to Porter Wagoner on the Ernest Tubb Sign

Then had a late lunch at the Wild Horse Saloon where we had a great meal and I even did a little boot scootin!
Scott with his girlfriend that he met at the Wild Horse!

We did some shopping and decided to drive around and find some homes of the Stars. I wanted to see where a good ol' boy from Newnan lives, so we found Alan Jacksons home, or compound I should say. He has a great deal of land, so we couldn't see his house from the road. He didn't have a gate at the end of his driveway so we were tempted to drive up, but I really didn't want to get arrested on my weekend getaway! After that we found Kenny Chesney's house...Yummy! We were very surprised by his home, now we know that this was just one of his several houses, but it was still very modest in a nice upscale subdivision. Not what I would of pictured. Lights were on, cars were in the driveway and we could see that there was a sign of life in the house. I thought about sitting there waiting on him to leave or walk the dog or get the mail, but again, I really didn't want to get arrested on my weekend getaway! Last we went and found Kicks Brooks house of Brooks and Dunn. It too was in a neighborhood, but it sat high on a hill...very fancy! Again, I'm sure that was just one of the many places he calls home! After that we headed back to the hotel, got some dinner and relaxed at one of the lounges in the hotel. Little did I know that this lounge was a revolving lounge, kind of like the Sundial in Atlanta. We had been sitting there a few minutes and I was a little scared to say anything because I didn't want Scott to think I was crazy and I knew that I hadn't had that much wine with dinner! Finally, I asked is it just me, or are we moving???!!! It took Scott a minute too, so then I didn't feel so bad....yes, we were infact moving, so I wasn't as crazy as I thought! Sunday morning we packed up and got ready for our Spa appointments. I had a hot stone massage....it's my very favorite then after a relaxing couple of hours in the spa we headed home. It was a great weekend and a very nice surprise! I think I'm going to let Scott be our vacation planner from now on!! I must admit however, I was getting a little anxious to see my girls! After getting stuck in traffic, we arrived to Papa and Cece's and they were fast asleep. We scooped them up and they never even knew it! Thank you Scott for an awesome weekend, and thank you Papa and Cece, as I don't think that Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret would of enjoyed Nashville as much as we did!!

2 Comments:
What a fun trip, and it sounds like you had a wonderful 30th birthday! You deserved it!
Love you-
Jenn, Nick & Ava
Fun Times!! We hope you had a wonderful 30th Birthday! We love you lots!
Todd, Amber, Carter, Jackson and Cooper
Post a Comment
<< Home